Phones Club Championship 2017-2018
Update May 21st: Augustin and Luke have already played their game (a draw). This leaves Diarmid Gibson V Robert Grimwood and Russell Benson V Dipin Shah to be played with the first named player white. Final round is May 28th.
Our club championships kicked off Monday 23rd April.
- The rate of play is 30 moves in 1 hour followed by a 15 minute allegro finish.
- The start time is 7:30pm, clocks will start then, so be on time.
- If there are any absentees on the night an alternative pairing can be made if possible: and if you know in advance you cannot attend please email your opponent and the controller, John McIntyre.
- Thanks to John for organising the pairings and best of luck to everyone!
Results table going into final round 4:
|Phones Club championship Rd 1|
|Guy Lyons||1 – 0||David Reid|
|Roland Fraser||0 – 1||Stephen Misanjo|
|Luke Barker||1 – 0||Colin Paterson|
|David McCafferty||DRAW||Diarmid Gibson|
|Jim McQuillan||1 – 0||Dipin Shah|
|Jonathan Livingston (withdrawn)||0 – 1||Agustin Barroso|
|Jim Waddell||0 – 1||Vishal Narang|
|Richard Lee||DRAW||John McKinstry|
|Russell Benson||0 – 1||Pavlos Bozinakis|
|Agustin Barroso||DRAW||Luke Barker|
|Guy Lyons (2)||0 – 1||Pavlos Bozinakis (2)|
|Luke Barker (1+ 1adj)||DRAW||Stephen Misanjo (2)|
|David McCafferty (1.5)||1 – 0||Vishal Narang (1)|
|Jim McQuillan (1)||0 – 1||Diarmid Gibson (1.5)|
|Roland Fraser(1)||1 – 0||Dipin Shah(1)|
|Augustin Barroso ( 1)||0 – 1||Colin Paterson(1)|
|Richard Lee (0.5)||1 – 0||David Reid(0)|
|Robert Grimwood (0)||1 – 0||Jim Waddell(0)|
|Russell Benson(0)||0 – 1||John McKinstry (0.5)|
AD Brown Tournament 2017-18
The results so far are published in a spreadsheet here
Phones Club Championship 2016-17 Season
Final round is round 4. Good luck everybody :)
|Round 4||8th May 2017|
|Stephen Misanjo 3||Nikos Skettos 2|
|Przemek Ostrowski 2||Colin Paterson 2|
|Sokratis Komaris 2||Bob Dickson 1.5|
|Luke Barker 1.5||Alex Radevic 2|
|Augustin Barroso 1||John McKinstry 1|
|Jim Waddell 1||James MacQuillan 0|
|David Reid 1||Roland Fraser 0|
|Round 3||24th April 2017|
|Alex Radevic 2||0 – 1||Stephen Misanjo 2|
|Bob Dickson 1.5||0 – 1||Nikos Skettos 1|
|Colin Paterson 1||1 – 0||Augustin Barroso 1|
|Przemek Ostrowski 1||1 – 0||Jim Waddell 1|
|Sokratis Komaris 1||1 – 0||David Reid 1|
|John McKinstry 1||0 – 1||Luke Barker 0.5|
|Roland Fraser 0||0 – 1||James MacQuillan 0|
|Round 2||23rd January 2017|
|Stephen Misanjo 1||1 – 0||Przemek Ostrowski 1|
|Alex Radevic 1||1 – 0||Sokratis Komaris 1|
|John Ross 1||1 – 0||Jim Doyle 1|
|David Reid 0.5||DRAW||Colin Paterson 0.5|
|Nikos Skettos 0.5||DRAW||Luke Barker 0|
|Bob Dickson 0.5||1 – 0||Roland Fraser 0|
|Jim Waddell 0||0 – 1||John McKinstry 0|
|James MacQuillan 0||0 – 1||Augustin Barroso 0|
Thanks to John Mcintyre for taking time to organise the tournament this year.
A D Brown Challenge Tournament 2016/17
Each year, the Club runs the A. D. Brown tournament for members of the club. The format is an ingenious one, devised by Allan Brown. It has run successfully for many years.
- It is open to all members of the club for participation, but only those under a certain grade can win the title.
- The idea is partly to encourage experience in standard time control games* to be played on club nights. (So if a player is not involved in a team match, they can still get a graded game completed).
- Players score 1 point for playing a game, even if they lose, 2 points for a draw, and 3 points for a win.
- Matches are arranged on an ad hoc basis.
- * 1 hour for 30 moves + 15 min quickplay finish.